Fine, political bias from our intelligence community probably started earlier than that with John Brennan and James Clapper (under the direction of then President Obama). I have already cited many irregularities on Comey’s part, but let’s stay focused like a laser beam on Comey’s misinterpretation of the law regarding intent: “Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues INTENDED to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were EXTREMELY CARELESS in their handling of very sensitive highly classified information.” Nowhere in 18 U.S.C 793 (f) of the Espionage Act which governs “grossly negligent” handling of classified information does it state that a defendant must have intended to break the law in order to be charge or found guilty.

In the language of the statute, no intent is required: “Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document relating to national defense: (1) through negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody” has committed a felony. The word “willingly” was deliberately omitted by Congress when it revised the Espionage Act. Section (f) was purposefully added to provide a lesser alternative to willful conduct (i.e. grossly negligent behavior).

The legal standard is not whether Clinton intended to violate the law (as Comey claimed), but rather whether her action was intentional. Peter Strzok changed the words of Comey’s original description of Clinton’s actions as “grossly negligent” to “extremely careless.” Although the meaning of these phrases are legally identical, the official wording of the law is “gross negligence,” yet Zano argues that Strzok’s action only has the “appearance of bias.” Well, Zano’s argument has the “appearance of stupidity.”

It was also unusual for Comey to state, “no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case.” It is not the FBI’s job to recommend for prosecution. Early in his statement, Comey asserted facts which would meet any standard of probable cause that crimes appeared to have been committed by Clinton, thus he was duty-bound to make a criminal referral for prosecution. The FBI simply investigates and then turns the case over to the Justice Department. He stepped beyond his authority to exonerate Ms. Clinton.

I am not alone in voicing my opinion that Comey’s conclusion to the Clinton email investigation was wrong. Two weeks after Rob Rosenstein was appointed FBI director, he recommended to President Trump that Comey be fired. “I cannot defend the Director’s handling of the conclusion of the investigation of Secretary Clinton’s emails, and I do not understand his refusal to accept the nearly universal judgment that he was mistaken. My perspective on these issues is based on the opinions of former Attorney Generals and Deputy Attorney Generals from different eras and both political parties.”

It is unheard of in criminal cases for immunity to be granted to witnesses without them first having to deliver evidence that incriminates someone else, and precipitates criminal charges. Five immunity agreements were granted by the FBI to Clinton’s State Department aides and IT experts, yet no one was prosecuted. Strzok interviewed Clinton, and two of her top aides–Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills, who both claimed they never knew anything about their boss’ private server until she left office–even though emails show them discussing her unauthorized computer system. Yet they were never charged for making materially false statements to the FBI. Compare this with Strzok’s handling of Flynn. Yep, I’m sure you will agree that this does have the “appearance of bias.” The FBI treated Mills and Samuelson as suspects, accomplices, witnesses, and defense lawyers all at the same time and in the same case. Mills and Samuelson were actually permitted to sit in on the FBI (Strzok) interview with Clinton as her lawyers. It is unheard of for prosecutors to permit this because it gives the witnesses a chance to conform their testimony in such a way as to support the subject of the investigation.

Under the Attorney General’s Guidelines for Domestic FBI Operations, it state that the agency does not have the authority to open an investigation into activity that does not or will not constitute a crime. There must be “an articulable factual basis for the investigation” that indicates that a crime has or will take place. With Trump Russia “collusion” there were no crimes or facts from any credible sources. And still after a year and a half, the only evidence of collusion is found in the DNC and Hillary campaign when they paid Fushion GPS to collude with Russians to gather dirt on Donald Trump. That’s no big deal, since “collusion” is not a crime; but when you use unverified opposition research to….(to be continued).

If I’ve stated incorrect, please show me. I’ve searched and searched, and these are the relevant facts of what is happening right now, Zano. The politicizing the FBI and Justice Department are distractions from the Trump-Russia nonsense. You have it backwards. The Russia probe is a distraction from FBI and DOJ political bias.

Pokey McDooris

Pokey McDooris

Pokey is The Discord's chief theologian and philosopher. Pokey performs an important function here at The Discord, namely by annoying the living shit out of Zano, whenever he submits something.

6 comments for “The Intelligence Community’s Pro-Hillary And Anti-Trump Bias Began With James Comey

1. Mick Zano
    August 16, 2018 at 2:55 PM

i made your change, Poke! Anyway, this is well researched, i’ll give you that. Maybe Hannity will make you one of his Foxzi officers, ha! And you are right about one thing, the top always gets preferential treatment over the grunt. If some soldier pulled this shit they would be prosecuted. Of that I have no doubt. Of course Colin Powell used the same vulnerable server as Hillary, so where is the investigation into his misuse of classified material? All the Trump’s used unprotected phones for the first several months of his presidency. Where is the investigation? Hillary’s email thing is about a (3) on the scandal Richter scale, which I have always said is the highest win for Fox and Frauds. Bush and Cheney are war criminals (10). Reagan started an illegal proxy war (7), and when the Mueller indictments are handed down in the near future they will likely rank (11). Yeah i’m done explaining the facts, republicans will remain factually impaired until the execution. “Show me the facts!” We are going to show you the indictments. But don’t worry, there will be more preferential treatment as the Devin Nuneses of the world will no doubt file Mueller’s findings in the same warehouse at the end of that Indiana Jones movie. Yet this email thing is the one you stay “laser focused”, hmmm. There will be no deep state grand conspiracy, but have at it. You have a supermajority. Investigate away, Sparky, but understand your record. It sucks. If this was a well coordinated and biased effort by the FBI to get Hillary elected, why did Comey throw the election for Trump? During early voting he reopened the Weiner files, which Fox interpreted as Hillary indictment immanent. How did that move help this deep state conspiracy theory of yours? Comey went rogue a few times, but no any one direction. Missed that part, huh? I find it curious your laser focus is always on “business as usual” side of politics.

• pokey
      August 16, 2018 at 4:01 PM

Just take Comey on his own words–from his book, “I was making decisions in an environment where Hillary Clinton was sure to be the next president, my concern about making her an illegitimate president by concealing the restarted investigation bore greater weight than it would have if the election appeared closer or if Donald Trump were ahead in the polls. But I don’t know.”

As far as the indictments–it’s becoming clear that there is no Trump-Russia collusion. I’m telling you, that narrative was made up in order to distract us from the politicization of the FBI and DOJ. Even with the Trump tower Russian spy thingie–Look at the facts that are coming out. Natalia Veselnitskaya met with Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS (yes, the same Fusion GPS that brought us the Democratic paid for Dossier) one day before and after the Trump Tower meeting. That may be a coincidence, but the fact that the FEDs had agents implanted in the Trump campaign starts to appear as though they are trying to “entrap” members of Trump’s campaign into shady “collusion” or otherwise “investigatable” activity. Oh, I know the Democrats would never do such a thing. I would be willing to bet on it.

The fact that the Trump-Russia collusion narrative still has NO FACTS at this point should tell you something. Maybe facts will arise and I’ll be forced to change my opinion, but at this point I’m feeling pretty bold with my perspective.

Now over 20 FBI and DOJ have been either demoted, resigned, or fired in relationship to the Clinton and Trump investigation. And “no” it’s not because our president is a tyrant. All of these people are found to have used their positions of power in some ways to further their political ends.

I think Andrew McCarthy has it pegged. Check out his stuff.

August 17, 2018 at 6:54 PM

Yeah, there’s a game the Feds need to play as to not tip elections. Mueller is dealing with that now, but comey handled it badly, but he is simply revealing his thought processes behind the decision. Again, look what happened, I am relooking at Weiner’s laptop was spun as Indictment immanent for Hillary. That likely tipped the election. Obama faced the same problem, but Mitch McConnell was not in agreement with informing the American people of the suspected Russian meddling. We always have to play what will the misinformed crazy people think, aka republicans, and it’s a detriment to our ongoing functioning as a country.

No, there’s plenty of facts a slew of crimes were committed. You are incapable of following the actual narrative, because you’re laser beam focus on the business as usual aspects of our governments machinations. Can such revelations help with reforms ,maybe, will a coordinated and orchestrated effort by the Feds to hurt Trump be revealed, not a chance. You make a strong case …for Zyprexa.

I will check out McCarthy. But if you get a chance, read the news: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/trump-is-making-the-doj-into-his-own-private-goon-squad.html

2. pokey
    August 19, 2018 at 4:58 PM

I read it–it assumes without evidence, as you do, that there are “plenty of facts a slew of crimes were committed.” Zano, I present facts from which my perspective is born. You haven’t shown me any. This narrative precedes any facts that are sprinkled in to merely support the narrative. I want you to just imagine somewhere in alternative universe that your perspective on Trump, Russia, FBI and Mueller is all wrong. I know, it’s farfetched, but just as a thought exercise. Is it possible in an alternative universe that all the Trump-Russia collusion narrative is a politically motivated hoax that has no substantial existence in reality.

You must acknowledge that the facts I’ve given you are compelling, so why hasn’t your news sources told you of these facts? Why don’t your new sources tell you about Stefan Halper? Halper was a paid informant of the FBI. Halper encouraged Carter Page to travel to Moscow. Halper paid Papadopolous to speak in London. Halper was the first person who told Papa about “Russians having Hillary’s emails.” Halper sets up the meeting between Papa and Downer (a strong Clinton supporter). At what point does the average Trump hater wake up. It was a set up.

John Brennan sent the “raw intelligence” to to Congress and FBI to start the counterintelligence investigation and media narrative.

What evidence would I have to provide for you to acknowledge “A coordinated and orchestrated effort by the FED to hurt Trump has been made?” Paid informants by the FBI into Trump’s campaign who encourage members of the campaign to engage in suspicious activities.Verified communications between high-ranking members to the FBI discussing efforts among members to “Stop him” with “an insurance policy?” FBI agents repeatedly signing their name confirming that obscene and criminal activity perpetuated by the president had been verified by the intelligence community when it had no been verified?

A year ago I was arguing that Obama loyalists within the FBI, DOA, and CIA members of worked to protect Hillary and hurt Trump. I have presented much evidence released through Intelligence hearings, Inspector General Reports, and the 4 FISA warrants that back up my charges.

A year ago you were arguing that Trump campaign worked with the Russians to effect election. Name a fact that has been revealed since then that backs up your charges.

Your beliefs are dogmatic THE RESIST movement is a religious movement.

• pokey
      August 19, 2018 at 5:40 PM

I’m writing to acknowledge some factual inaccuracies in my last post regarding to the timeline and events of Papadopopopopop, Stephan Halper, and Mifsud. I will get my fcts straight and will right back. Here is where the good lie–when, where, and why on the informant into Trump campaign…

August 26, 2018 at 1:06 PM

You inspired a feature, i’m working on now. Although, inspire might not be the right word, ha!